Easy-to-use and lightweight grapplesaw with tilt. The grapple saw is a combination of a high-powered chainsaw that can cut through wood within seconds, and a strong grapple that locks onto the tree allowing the operator to lower the limb to the ground in a controlled manner preventing property damage or injury to people below. Suitable for installation on various base machines.
- Fast and easy to use – increases productivity
- Stable both in felling and loading position
- Full control over all functions – e.g. make the saw movement many times without opening the grapple.
- Works perfectly as a traditional loading grapple
- Easy to install
- No additional hydraulic lines are needed – only grapple open and grapple close
- Completely stepless control – for example, stop the tilt half way if necessary
- Control everything safely from the ground via remote control
Control system alternatives
- Standard: 2 hydraulic lines (grapple open/close) + Radio-control (incl. 2 batteries and a battery charger)
- Option: 2 hydraulic lines (grapple open/close) + Cable control
Suitable base machines
- Smaller knuckleboom cranes
- Forest trailers with cranes
- Excavators (free hanging)
- If you are considering installing this grapple saw on another base machine, please consult the Mecanil dealer.
Grapple claw alternatives
- Standard: Energy grapple claws (open ended)
- Option: Traditional log grapple claws (closed ends)
- Option: A-model claws (claws with diagonal plates)